Venture Capitalists are hopping on the journey to make metaverse a common thing. Let’s find out who they are and how they contribute to it.
And while we’re still a ways off from the Metaverse being a reality, plenty of companies and venture capitalists are investing in the technology needed to make it happen. Here are the top 5 venture capitalists investing in Metaverse technology:
Here is the list of top 10 venture capitalists investing huge capital into metaverse projects
- Verizon Ventures – Verizon is one of the largest telecommunications providers in the world. But, what you might not know is that their investment subsidiary, Verizon Ventures, has been investing in Metaverse technology for years. Last year, they invested in StatusPRO, a sports-orientated AR/VR company. Verizon Ventures also supported YBVR, the VR video distribution platform, with a $1.5 million donation. Lastly, they’ve recently struck a partnership deal with Meta to develop 5G-powered experiences in the Metaverse.
- Play Ventures – Play Ventures is one of the most talked-about players in the VR world. Since the company’s inception four years ago, Play Ventures have supported multiple startups, including MetaSoccer, Blackpool, and Trailblazer.
- Hiro Capital – Hiro, a European venture capital firm, has become one of the most active VR/AR industry investors. Originally founded in 2018 by Ian Livingstone, Cherry Freeman, and Luke Alvarez, the company now has some big plans for metaverse-related projects.
- FOV Ventures – FOV Ventures was founded by Dave Haynes, who made his name working with HTC and creating multiple startups, including SoundCloud. In 2022, he set up a €25 million fund to help early-stage startups working on Metaverse technology.
- Metaverse Ventures – Metaverse Ventures is a seed-stage venture fund set up by a group of entrepreneurs, academics, and investors.
- Animoca – Animoca launched Sandbox, one of the most successful metaverse products, and raised $359M to build an open metaverse this year.
- OMERS Ventures – Omers Ventures is a generalist fund that has only recently come around to the idea of investing in areas like gaming and crypto. They think about the metaverse and gaming as the next stage of the internet and social media.
- IQ Capital Fund – IQ Capital, based in Cambridge, is a deep-tech specialist fund that has invested in startups like Virti, which offers virtual reality training for companies.
- GameFi Capital – GameFi Capital specializes in blockchain gaming projects. It also lays stress on mitigating investment risks in the blockchain space for investors and helping with research and analysis.
- Outlier Ventures – Outlier uses a unique and deliberate way to invest in the metaverse world. This process makes these individuals become co-investors in projects that Outlier is going in for.
- Amadeus Capital Partners – Amadeus Capital Partners is a metaverse project that provides virtual reality headset-related metaverse experiences. It is also interested in tool makers and recently invested in V7, a machine vision startup that allows users to rapidly tag people and objects in videos.
So, these are the top 11 venture capitalists investing in Metaverse technology. Each of them has different strategies and approaches, but they all share one goal: to make the Metaverse a reality.